Nature show-and-tell is back! We are calling on YOU to be part of this week’s virtual field trip!
Bring your nature objects, pictures or stories to the zoom call on Friday for show and tell. We will take turns sharing, kids and adults both!
Exploring nature is part of how our team stays healthy and happy. Learn some ways we use our outside time in this week’s “Nature and Self-Care” blog post.
Virtual Field Trip: Friday, January 22, 2020
Prepare for this week’s field trip by finding something to share! You could ‘show’:
- something you found outside, like a plant, rock or mystery item
- a picture of a natural object
- a story about an experience you had outside
- something about nature you’ve been learning a lot about lately
There are no wrong choices. We welcome any nature-related shares!
Join us at 10:30am on Friday, January 22.
If you’ve registered for virtual field trips in the past, your same registration link will continue to work.
What will you ‘tell’ about your nature object for show and tell? You might share:
- Where you found this nature object
- Why this nature item is interesting to you
- Something you’ve learned about the nature item recently
- Questions you have about the nature item (the other people on the virtual field trips are really smart!)
If you don’t want to share anything, that’s okay too. You can listen to other people.
How Nature Helps Us Be Happy and Healthy
How do we discover most of our cool nature finds? Usually, we just stumble across them when we spend time outside!
Most of us here at Rural Action go outside almost every day to play, walk, or just sit and listen. It’s part of how we take care of ourselves. We each have our favorite way to relax outside. Read about some of ours in our latest post: