We are currently holding virtual field trips using Zoom every Friday from 10:30 to 11:15am. To register for any of the fall 2020 field trips, click here. You’ll receive the link in your email.
Field trips are announced in blog posts, in the Southeast Ohio Young Naturalists Club Facebook Group, and in our newsletter (check “environmental education” when you sign up). Recordings are posted here on the blog and YouTube.
Are you a teacher or homeschooling a pod? We can schedule a special ‘trip’ just for your group or class, or lead small groups (<9 people) outside. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming virtual field trips:
- Halloween Special: Fear in Nature, Friday, Oct. 30, 2020
Past virtual field trips:
- Vernal Pool Trip, Friday, April 17, 2020
- Survival Skills Trip (Fire and cordage), Friday, April 24, 2020
- Nest Watch Trip, Friday, May 1, 2020
- Creek Field Trip, Friday, May 8, 2020
- Shelters: Animal and Human, Friday, May 15 at 1:30p.
- Recycling Center Tour, Friday, May 29 at 1:30pm
- Baby Animals, Friday, June 5 at 1:30pm
- Bees and Wildflowers, Friday July 17th at 1:30pm
- Trees!, Friday, July 31
- Backyard History in The Plains, Ohio, Friday, August 7
- Sweet Mountain Sound performs live! Friday, August 14
- Mushrooms, September 11, 2020 at 10:30
- Ginseng, September 18, 2020 at 10:30
- Caterpillars, September 25, 2020 at 10:30
- Why do the leaves change color? October 9, 2020 at 10:30
- What does wildlife eat in fall? Friday, October 9
- Nature Show and Tell, Friday, October 16 . *(not recorded)
- Saving Hellbender Salamanders with The Wilds, Friday, October 23