As new nature activities come out, we will add them here, like a table of contents.
You can jump in anytime, at any place! But conversation will be liveliest in the most recent week’s activities.
Young Naturalists Club Activities
- Signs of Spring, Monday, March 30
- Observing with iNaturalist, Wednesday, April 1
- Observation Round-Up, Friday, April 3
- Vernal Pools (Part 1), Monday, April 6
- Ramps and Edible Plants, Wednesday, April 8
- Ecosystem in a Bottle, Friday, April 10
- Vernal Pools (Part 2), Monday, April 13
- Garlic Mustard, Wednesday, April 15
- Vernal Pool: Virtual Field Trip, Friday April 17
Week 4: Birds
- Best of Nests, Monday, April 20
- Bird Migration, Weds, April 22
- What You Can Do to Help Birds, Friday, April 25
Week 5+6: Streams and Creek
- What’s the pH of your water?, Monday, May 4
- Acid Mine Drainage, Wednesday, May 6
- Fixing Acid Mine Drainage, Friday, May 8
Week 7+8: Survival and Primitive Skills
- Basics of Survival, Monday, May 11
- Shelter Insulation, Wednesday, May 13
- How to Build a Shelter, Friday, May 15
- Water Filtration and Purification, Monday, May 18
- Using a Map and Compass, Wednesday, May 20
- Making Honeysuckle Baskets, Friday, May 25
Week 9: Zero Waste
- What’s better than recycling?, Tuesday, May 26
- Why can I recycle this but not that?, Wednesday, June 3
And more to come each week!
Our educators are also available for remote conversations and lessons with your classes, or involving your class in this blog project. Just email Darcy at email@example.com!